Feng Shui Bedroom Colour Combination For A Peaceful Décor
In the simplest terms, Feng Shui aims to harmonise people with their surroundings. And a leading theory among designers to do the same is through colours. Nevertheless, there are certain guidelines which one should follow to create a truly Feng Shui home. For instance, the colours used in these homes should be balanced rather than overwhelming the space with clashing hues. Also, one should avoid using overly bright or jarring colours that might disrupt the flow of energy. More importantly, the Bagua Map may also dictate the colours used in certain areas of the home.
Besides these loose clusters of guidelines, Feng Shui doesn’t really restrict you from using colours for the interiors of your home. As Feng Shui also highlights personal preferences and emphasises how certain colours may make you feel. If you made it this far, it’s safe to say you might be a little disoriented because of all the rules and complexity surrounding this decision. While Feng Shui is not rocket science, understanding the concept properly can still be a handful.
Therefore, experts recommend taking baby steps and tackling individual areas of the home at a time. Lucky for you, this blog will help you choose the best Feng Shui bedroom colour combination for tranquillity, which also follows all the Feng Shui guidelines.
Feng Shui Bedroom Colour Tips
Before we get into the various Feng Shui bedroom colour combinations, let’s take a deeper look into how you should go about choosing the right colour combination. Here are some Feng Shui bedroom colour tips to help you make the right decision.
- The first step towards a better understanding of colours is to understand the Bagua Map. The Bagua map is a fundamental tool for Feng Shui and divides your entire home into different areas associated with different colours and earthly elements. You should consider these colours and figure out how they align with your preferences. For instance, if the map assigns red as the colour for a particular area but you prefer white, then you can create a combination of the two colours.
- Bedrooms are often associated with a relaxed and calming ambience. So you should consider creating a similar décor in the bedroom. Such a décor can be achieved by using soft and soothing hues such as soft blues, gentle greens, pastel pinks and neutral tones like beige and pale grey.
- A simple way to judge or choose colours for your bedroom is to balance the Yin & Yang in your bedroom. For instance, if your bedroom feels leaning more towards Yin with cool, soft and passive colours, you should introduce Yang into the space with warm, bright and active colours.
- Even though the guidelines of Feng Shui are vital for creating a Feng Shui bedroom, taking into account your personal preferences doesn’t do any harm. After all, it’s your bedroom and you are the one who’s going to sleep in it. So, your personality and mentality should resonate with the room. However, it’s better to find a middle ground between the two for the best result.
Also Read: Clever Space-Saving Ideas For Small Bedrooms
- Feng Shui associates five different colours for the five different earthly elements – Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. You can take these elements as a silhouette and represent their colours in the various parts of your home. But make sure you choose a soft and soothing colour for your bedroom.
Bedroom Colour Combinations For Tranquillity
Considering you are acquainted with the above-mentioned tips, here are the most popular Feng Shui bedroom colour combination for tranquillity in your bedroom.
1. Soft Blue And White
Blue is known to have a calming and relaxing effect on the décor, which makes them perfect for your bedroom. Throw in some white paired with beige, and you have yourself a soothing retreat. According to Feng Shui, soft blue represents the water element which stands for calmness, serenity and a sense of flow. Blue will have a cooling effect on your energy and will help you relax. Whereas, white symbolises purity, clarity and a sense of openness. The two colours come together to create a peaceful and clutter-free environment, promoting focus and clarity of thought.
2. Sage Green And Cream
The colour green is easily the go-to colour for designers to add a natural touch to any space. In interior design, green symbolises peace, balance and harmony. But according to Feng Shui, green is associated with the wooden element, representing growth, vitality and harmony. Green helps to harmonise any space by drawing nature’s energy into it. Additionally, the colour cream acts as a soft complimenting colour which also adds a sense of serenity. And when you look at it from the Yin and Yang perspective, sage green has grounding and calming qualities, representing Yin energy. Whereas, the colour cream provides brightness and warm energy like Yang. The combination of these opposing colours can create a harmonious balance between the two, fostering a sense of equilibrium and harmony in the bedroom.
Also Read: 19 Essentials Every Bedroom Should Have
3. Warm Beige and Soft Pink
While cream from the previous option can deliver warmth, warm beige here intensifies the same and takes it to a whole new level just to create a cosy and comforting décor. Beige is a neutral earth tone that provides a sense of stability, grounding and warmth. Designers and homeowners alike have a deep affection for this colour due to its remarkable capacity to imbue a space with a nurturing and supportive ambience. But beige alone can never have the same effect as this combination does. Hence the charming hue of pink is thrown into the mix. The main goal of this combination is to create a safe, loving and nurturing space.
Likewise, pink comes into the play, symbolising love, tenderness and emotional healing. Stepping into this room will impart gentle and soothing energy, promoting relaxation and emotional well-being.
4. Pale Yellow And Soft Grey
Young, energetic and bright, this colour combination can turn any space into a cheery and warm retreat. As far as Feng Shui is concerned, pale yellow is associated with the Earth element. And symbolises joy, positivity and mental clarity. This colour is often used in kids’ bedrooms. It promotes a sense of brightness and optimism. On the other hand, grey is neutral and promotes a calming and inviting atmosphere. The mix of these two colours creates an energetic yet approachable décor, you can also add a few more colours in the mix to diversify the colour palette.
5. Earthy Brown and Creamy White
If you don’t mind or even cherish a rather laid-back and simple décor, then this bedroom colour combination should be right up your alley. While we have covered either colour in different combinations as the neutral backdrop. In this combination, they are the stars of the movie or more exactly, of the bedroom. Dominated by creamy white, the bedroom has several pops of brown throughout, which would create interest. This colour scheme is also at the extremes of minimalism yet creates a sophisticated and rich décor. As per Feng Shui, brown stands for earth element and promotes groundedness. Whereas, creamy white is the symbol of purity and lightness. Furthermore, this colour combination also gives the bedroom a bohemian vibe crossed with rustic aesthetics.
Finally, when it comes to Feng Shui-friendly bedroom colour combinations, the possibilities are nearly endless. However, there are several factors that come into play with such aesthetics, so we recommend using colours that best suit your lifestyle and preferences.